YSC’s lead Consultant, Dr Babafemi Badejo, with the support of in-house capacity and resources has completed some international consultancy projects for the United Nations and the African Union on improving the delivery of development and humanitarian services. Two major and most recent projects includes the West and Central Africa Sub-regional Studies on the Interlinkages amongst the Development, Peace and Security, Human Rights and Humanitarian Pillars (2020-2021), commissioned by the UN ECA, and the Study on the Operationalization of the African Union Humanitarian Agency (2018-2019), commissioned by the AUC.
This is very much in line with YSC’s commitment and capacity to deliver adept development and humanitarian services at different levels, in addressing development and humanitarian challenges limiting human freedoms, progress and security the world all over.
With our team of multi-background experts, with field experiences in the development and humanitarian field, we have a good grasp of the wide spectrum of man-made and natural humanitarian crisis mitigating the efforts and investments of individuals, organizations, NGOs, Governments, Continental, Regional and the International community in building safer and sustainable communities. We have focused on the following areas with proven success over the years:
- Designing, re-designing or restructuring disaster risk reduction and resilience strategies;
- Exploring the interlinkages amongst development, peace and security, human rights and humanitarianism; with the aim of promoting synergistic, complementary and joined-up implementation of interventions contributing to sustainable solutions to conflicts, especially in Africa;
- Designing development and humanitarian models, policies relevant for theoretical and field application;
- Exploring the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as blueprints for development;
- Disaster risk reduction and resilience building;
- Disaster preparedness/EWS;
- Building Early Warning and Assessment Teams, including creating rostering databases;
- Capacity building for humanitarian response;
- Training of humanitarian services delivery teams;
- Strategy in Disaster and humanitarian management;
- Desk studies, research, drafting, technical support, lectures;
- Policy design and specific studies on aspects of human insecurities, poverty, gender and sexual based insecurities